Today I cleaned the living room, one day later than I had planned. I feel like cleaning the kitchen on Monday kind of did me in and I think it is more realistic for me to expect to complete a room every other day, rather than on consecutive days.
I seem to be losing a little steam here, but here is what I did.
- decluttered the top and inside of the armoire
- cleaned the keyboard and the desk area
- decluttered the top of the china cabinet (why does it seem all horizontal surfaces collect so much stuff?)
- washed windows (just the insides this time)
- washed baseboards
- sorted through our magazines and got rid of about half the collection...they are now in the garage ready for recycling
- picked up toys and wondered to myself if we are living excessively (you haven't seen the basement/playroom yet)
Here are the before and after pictures.
Before - overall view with little helpers ready to remove their travelling bags (As an aside, this is one of their favorite things to play, pretending they are going on a trip and loading up their bags to move from room to room.)
Before - china cabinet in need of decluttering (tea cup sets inside are part of a collection we inherited from someone special)
Before - armoire
After - overall view
After - china cabinet now only has photos on top
To see how others are progressing, check out Spring Clean 2008 at The Homespun Heart.