Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Presence of An Old Friend

Since moving to Colorado more than seven years ago, I have felt a big void from the friendships left behind from our university days in British Columbia. I was fully blessed to have made some wonderful and lifelong girlfriends during the five years I lived there and while those friendships still carry on, it is hard not to have those women in my life on a day to day basis. Life goes on and I have great friends here in Colorado, too, but there is something about living in community with others during those carefree and vulnerable and fun university years that is really unique and a great climate for developing some really deep friendships.

Early in July we had a dear friend come with her little boy to visit for a few days. We were roommates for two years of university and have been friends for twelve years. It was so good to have her here, to remember old times, to count the blessings God has given us, to gain perspective on the present and just to really catch up. This visit was a balm to my weary soul.

Thanks for coming, my friend!

No comments: