Friday, August 17, 2007

The Laundry Line

One of the ways we have cut our energy bill recently is by drying most of our laundry outside. This is certainly not a new concept, but has its challenges when living in suburbia with a tiny backyard and not particularly wanting to air your laundry for the whole neighborhood to see. My solution was to loop ends of a clothesline rope around fence pickets at a diagonal. The laundry then hangs low enough to be out of view for the neighors. I placed our rope on the side of our house in a section of yard that is otherwise unused. With breezy and dry Colorado air, I am able to dry up to three loads per day this way. I think I paid $1 for the clothesline rope and a couple bucks for a few sets of clothepins several years ago. And I love how fresh this laundry feels and smells!
For more frugal ideas, visit Biblical Womanhood.

No comments: