Thursday, March 15, 2007

Resourcefulness vs. Being Consumed by Thoughts of Money

Lately I've being thinking a lot about how much time and energy I spend on money-saving endeavors. I wonder if getting the best deal on everything and pouring over flyers to plan shopping has been consuming me a little too much. While I do find satisfaction in saving money, I do not want this to define me or become a pride or worry issue. It seems to be a fine line between being a wise steward of the resources God has entrusted us with and making that an idol in my life. I know that the time I spend doing these money-saving activities does save our family money, but I don't want this necessary part of life to become a focus of my life, especially in these early years of our children's lives. These years go so quickly so I want to use my time wisely. With that said, it is important to live within one's means and be careful with our finances. Finding the balance is the hard part.

No comments: