Monday, February 5, 2007

Sleep Deprivation 301

I know there is light at the end of the tunnel somewhere, but sometimes it hard to even open your eyes wide enough to see it when you're not properly rested. Smiley, bless his heart, is looking for company 2 or 3 times a night. Therefore many mornings I wake up feeling like a train hit me. Since he is now 8 months old I'm thinking it would be a great idea for him to finally catch on to eating solid foods to get him through the night. He's not sold on the idea, though we have been trying for two months. Why didn't anyone warn me that having three children age 4 and under would be so utterly exhausting?! I often feel like I should be getting more done and really thriving, but in reality survival right now is enough of an accomplishment! I just need to learn to be content with slightly lower expectations and hold on for the ride.

No comments: