Thursday, January 25, 2007

Brotherly Love

A true story from last weekend:
Sister was having a bath and even though Daddy was right there, she slipped and started bleeding from the mouth. Sportster was upstairs and was looking in on her and saw the blood all over and her crying and came running down the stairs to get me. I ran upstairs to comfort her and as we were getting her all cleaned up he was at her doorway crying for her to be better and asking us if she was going to be okay. He was actually more upset by the whole incident than she was. He surely loves his little sister! It was a good illustration to me, too, of brotherly love and I was challenged with the question of how upset I get over the pain someone I love is experiencing. It was a good reminder from my son. I'm pretty sure my kids are teaching me more than I am teaching them.

No comments: