Monday, April 6, 2009

The Joy of Staying Home & a Song for My Children

I love that I am able to stay home with my kids to meet their needs, to teach them and to enjoy the unique people God has created them to be! Yes, there are moments when I am weary and frustrated, discouraged, and longing for a break, but overall, I love just being with them.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems I like to sing things to my kids, especially little songs I make up. I would likely be embarrassed if anyone outside our family heard these little songs, but I'll share this one that I came up with several months ago which seems to have stuck as a family song I sing to the kids each night as I tuck them in. It may seem cheesy, but it is ours.

I'll see you in the morning, morning
I'll see you at the noonday, too
I'll see you in the evening, treasure
And I will always love you!

And when I finish I silently thank God that he has allowed me this privilege to really be present with them throughout the whole day.

1 comment:

Melissa S. said...

Oh, I make up songs too. As did my Mom. I love the memories of her singing her heart out to us.
And yes, I would be very embarrassed if overheard. :)