Sunday, April 15, 2007

Brown Sugar Scrub

Last week I wanted to put together some little gifts for some special ladies I know and this is what I came up with. I mixed up some scrub, wrapped it in a colorful washcloth, and tied it with a bow. Here's the basic recipe.

Brown Sugar Scrub
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. white sugar
1 C. canola oil
1/2 C. olive oil
3 T. vanilla


This made enough to fill seven 4 oz. baby food jars almost full. Next time I would not use as much or any olive oil as it seemed to have a strong smell. I would also really love to add some orange zest and perhaps omit the vanilla in that case.



I included a little instruction note to rub onto hands or body and rinse well with warm water. This will leave skin super soft. Due to the oil, caution should be used in the shower so you don't slip or drop the breakable jar.


The only real cost was for the washcloths which were purchased on clearance ($1.50 for 6).

No comments: