I realized today I'm having a little trouble with having a heart of thankfulness. Okay, I'll be honest. I've been feeling like a bit of an underpaid maid these days and it is easy to focus on all the labor of motherhood and forget about the joy of it. Anyway, I was convicted today that it is only because of God's extreme blessing that I am able to be a mom to three precious kiddos. I need to make a choice to give thanks for His good provisions for my life and for my family as well as the struggles that He allows to mold my heart to be more like Christ. So, here are a few things I am giving thanks for, TODAY:
- God's grace that covers me and makes up for all the ways I fall short as a mom, wife, friend, and every other role I have.
- My little Sportster who is always asking "why". I am thankful he is trying to figure out the world around him.
- That Sister is finally on board with potty-training and healthy again after a recent flu bug.
- That Smiley is starting to sleep better again. He is a delightfully easy-going baby.
- That I have the privilege of staying home with my kids every day and witnessing their finest moments, comforting them through disappointment, and making home a place they like to be.
- God's word. I'm so excited to be beginning a study with other women on Galatians! Already just from the introduction, I just feel this could be life-changing.
- That my kids love each other and although they sometimes fight, they are genuinely concerned for one another.
- For a husband who supports me and rejoices with me on the good days of parenting and encourages me on the not-as-good days.
- For a church family that is feeling more like "home" all the time.
Thank you, God, for the life you have given me! I pray I would live it well for Your glory!