Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the Me I Want to Be

I've been mulling over New Year's resolutions for a while now, hence the lateness in getting them posted. But really, is there something magical about setting them on January 1st? I think not. I've been thinking of these goals more in terms of who I want to BE at the end of this year, rather than just what I want to accomplish. So here's my 'be' list for 2011.

Be content with God's provision for us, with all the ups and downs of raising little ones, with my role as a wife/mom/teacher, and with myself - flaws and all, daily cultivating a heart of thankfulness.

Be rooted in God and his Word. Read the Bible through this year and take time through each day to prayer and submit myself anew to Him.

Be engaged. This year I want to invest more heavily in my kids with their hearts and with their formal education and in doing things with and for them for their enjoyment. I want to be a fun mom.

Be healthy. Strive to eat lots of fruits and veggies every day. Drink 8-10 glasses of water each day. Stop taking seconds at meals.

Be lighter. I'm working toward losing at least 27 lbs. this year.

Be active. I've made it my goal to have 300 workouts or highly active days this year.

Be organized and free of household clutter that steals away time and attention from what really matters. I'll be working through this book as a guide to help me along the way.

Be creative. Taking time to sew and craft is good down-time for me for thinking and acts as good therapy. :) I hope to finish a project per week this year.

Be a learner. I'm not sure what this looks like yet, but I do want to take some risks, invest some time and learn some new things this year.

Be resourceful, making the most of the time, energy and money that I have.

No comments: