Tuesday, November 10, 2009
A Few, or 10, Gift Ideas (not that it's all about me)
Not that it's all about me or anything, but here are 10 things or experiences I would love for Christmas or an upcoming birthday. And perhaps this list will prove helpful for the one very near and dear to me. :)
1. In the category of "The-sky-is-the-limit-but-I'm-not-gonna-get-it": a trip to Scotland with my husband, or a trip to PEI. Considering we can't even manage a weekend away, these are "someday" dreams.
2. A new, or nicely used sewing machine. I think I want a basic model Bernina, but yikes! they are expensive. I actually just bought a new machine from Costco but can't decide if I am keeping it. It was a good deal for sure, but I'm torn between a good deal for today and wanting a machine that will last the rest of my life.
3. A winter coat with an attached, fleece-lined, non-pointy hood that is a solid color with a hip-length cut and a non-boxy fit. Even if I can't fully zip it this winter, with my expanding belly, these are top choices in my research so far, though I'm still not sure exactly what I want.
4. A pedicure.
5. A trendy sewing book such as one by Amy Butler or one on sewing aprons.
6. A cheese grater. Perhaps this one by KitchenAid.
7. Grain storage buckets and lids from Pleasant Hill Grain.
8. SmartWool socks.
9. A gift card to one of the following: Hobby Lobby, Panera Bread, Old Chicago, Chipotle, Einstein's, Spicy Pickle, Jason's Deli, Archivers or Pottery Barn.
10. Date nights with my husband which would need to be squeezed into the calendar before mid-February.
Okay, enough about me, I need to move on to tackling that Christmas gift list of things we want to buy for others.
For more 10 on the 10th, visit Life at 7000 Feet.