Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Retreat and Renewal

The weekend before last I had the opportunity to join women from our church on a women's retreat. I haven't really been involved in the women's ministry at our church, but my dear husband saw fit to sign me up. He thought I needed a break. And what a good break it was! It was the first time since 2003 that I've spent a night away from my children (except for being in the hospital to have another baby) so it was time. This is also the first time since about that time that I haven't been pregnant or had a baby so this was my chance to finally go. I had been telling my husband for months now that I have needed a break but when the time came to leave my kiddos I was the one crying like a baby. After I got over the trauma of leaving them, I really enjoyed the weekend of solid teaching, sweet fellowship, delicious meals served to me that I did not prepare or clean up after and a little downtime to rest, too. I came away really refreshed from the break from normal responsibilities and renewed in my passion for the Word of God.

Here are some photos from a hike I took with a friend on Saturday. When was the last time I've had a chance for a hike without pushing a jogger stroller or wearing a front carrier?! We thought this was a cool rock and reminded us of Jonah and the whale.




All in all, a great weekend! And a million thanks to my wonderful husband for caring for our children so I could go!

No comments: