|from a date at Golden Ears Provincial Park
Here's a little snapshot of what we've been up to these last many months:
- My husband is continuing classes toward his MBA and has only 3 left! So thankful for that. And then we hope to celebrate with a big trip to mark that accomplishment and the end of this stressful season of life.
- We took a road trip to British Columbia in the summer and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- I've taken our older daughter skiing and skied for the first time since graduating from university...almost 16 years ago. I guess we've been busy with little ones for a long time.
- After last year's many diy home improvements (master bath and kitchen and living room flooring) and appliance replacements, we're taking it easy on that front.
- My attention has been focused on clearing out excess stuff from our home so we can live in this house more easily. It is a long process, but there has been progress. I've set a goal for the dollar amount of things I will sell off this year. If we do relocate within the city this will make staging and a move lots easier.
- Our oldest son went off to a great charter school in August and the transition has been hard, but good. Our older daughter will join him there next year. I am thankful for the blessing of homeschooling them through elementary and also thankful for the blessing of having a great school option for them beyond our home.
- After Thanksgiving I committed to 100 days of working out and have now hit the 65 day mark. Even though there has been no weight loss, which is greatly needed, I do feel a lot better and a lot stronger and sleep better.
- We enjoyed a restful Christmas at home. Although we surely miss our families, the break together here was needed greatly.
- I bought a Groupon for Jazzericise classes and have started redeeming them. When I realized how nervous I was to try something new it became obvious that I actually don't try new things very often at all.
- We're starting orthodontic work with one child now and possibly two more children this year. I'm thankful we're able to do this now.
- Potty training has commenced for our last child. We've been a diapering house for over 12 years and I am so ready to end that task.
So, we mostly just busy with the business of raising children and getting through this intense season. Our days are full but it is good.